Farming with Cianna

Farming with Cianna

Thursday, July 21, 2016

First Garden Follow Up


Good afternoon, friends! Thanks for coming back to Farming with Cianna!
Yesterday, I published my gardening post revealing some great tips on garden care. Well, today, I have to make some corrections.
 
Yesterday evening, Brodie and I were walking down the sidewalk to go to the backyard. At the end of the sidewalk, there is a large flower garden. As I called for Brodie to follow me, I realized he wasn't coming because something was in the flower bed.
I walked over only to find Peppa munching on some leaves.
 
At this point, I was thinking this is impossible; he has to be magic or something. We have blocked all the places that he gets out under the fence and all the gates were closed. How does this happen!!!
 
I walked the fence, searching for a new opening in which pig could fit. I saw nothing.
Luckily, my little cousins had watched the whole thing! (Thank goodness for them.)
They showed me to the hole and I quickly got it fixed. We safely got Piggers back in the fence by trapping him in the garage and leading him with food.
I thought we saw all the damage he had done, in the flower beds, but I was wrong.
This morning, just like every other morning, I walked out to observe the garden. My routine consists of checking all the plants to make sure they haven't been destroyed, helping the vines interweave through the trellises, and pulling weeds.
My morning garden check was ruined the moment I saw this:
 

 
My lettuce had been trampled and eaten by Peppa, along with some onions, radish leaves, and green pepper leaves! (Hints the hoof prints throughout my garden.) 
 
(A picture of the lettuce from yesterday)
 
So, I had taken the time to recommend some organic ways to keep pests out of your garden in my last post. I am now letting you know cayenne pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder DO NOT phase pigs!!
Trying to find a way to end this, I Googled "How to keep pigs out of the garden." Surprisingly, it had already been searched before (which was really funny to me for some reason.)
Pretty much all they had to say was put up a fence. I guess that's all you can do when it comes to hungry animals.
Although Peppa shouldn't be able to get out anymore, I am still planning on finding something he doesn't like to spread on my garden, just to be safe.
When I find that item, I'll let you know!

Hope Piggers at least made you smile today!
Check back for healthy, organic chicken treats later tonight!
Much love for all my readers!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment