Farming with Cianna

Farming with Cianna

Monday, November 6, 2017

November 4, 2017

I walked in the door from being gone all day.  To my surprise, the dogs hadn’t made a mess, which was very unlike them.  I was literally jumping for joy while I sang the beat to the Star Wars theme song???? - I do this a lot because Moo dances with me every time, which makes me so happy.  

Dan had ran to the bathroom so I figured I would straighten up the curtains and couch covers so that we could go to bed knowing the house was picked up…

That’s when I saw it.  My biggest fear had became a reality.

I started throwing a tantrum until Dan finally came out of the bathroom to see what was wrong.  I just pointed to the right corner of my living room where I happily HAD my Christmas tree and presents, at one time, placed so precisely.  It looked like everyone’s living room after waking up and opening presents Christmas morning.  Shredded paper and boxes in a huge piled under the misplaced tree.

I know it’s a little absurd that already had my Christmas tree up and decorated, and even more that I had my presents bought and wrapped, but this is my favorite time of year.  Every year, I am the one who gets to take on the responsibility of gifts and I absolutely love it.  I always start and finish early because once I have a great idea, I can’t sleep until it’s completed.  

Halloween night, I had the urge to set up my Christmas tree, so Dan so kindly set it up and helped me decorate it.  I worked for the rest of that night, plus a few more on wrapping my gifts and making them cute.

My heart actually stopped when I saw all my hard work shredded to pieces.  Bows, name tags, and even worse- actual gifts, all became a fun part of Brodie, Cooper, and Moo’s day..  

After getting over the fact that all my presents were ruined, I pushed some stuff in front of the mess so that I could not see it, and went to bed.  What was supposed to be a good night was ruined.

Happy me was up and ready to start the day bright and early Sunday morning.  I had tons of stuff to get done- cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, homework, etc.  Sleep had calmed my raging anger from the night before.  After going to Kroger and not having to battle with any long lines or people, I was rather pleasant for the rest of the day.  I knew Dan was going shopping with one of his friends and I wasn’t going to be angry cleaning all day because of the fact that everyone wasn’t doing anything but me.  My first accomplishment after putting away groceries was fixing the tree and what was left of the gifts.  I figured that they wouldn’t want to bother the tree if it was up on the island, and I shoved some manageable gifts under to where they couldn’t get to them.  The gifts that were costly, like a Victoria’s Secret canvas bag (that just so happened to be white, now with muddy paw prints) and clothing from various stores were hidden in my closet.  I wanted to make sure that I never had to deal with that kind of mess again.

As I let the dogs from the kitchen into the living room, they seemed surprised that there was nothing left to temper with. The second I said “no more being bad” in a stern voice, all their ears went down.  As their sad puppy eyes stared at me, I knew I wouldn’t be mad for long.  

I decided the best thing for me to do was to go buy a ridiculous amount of toys so that they would constantly be occupied.  We had a blast until Dan got home, and then continued playing along with Dan.

Let’s just say my dogs slept very well last night.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. I have my Christmas tree up too. I put it up last week because I'm already getting the holiday fever. I absolutely can't wait for Christmas! It's my favorite time of year!
    Although, I did hear on the radio this morning, something that really took me by surprise...
    If you put your Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving, it's considered bad luck! Also, if you take down your Christmas stuff before New Years it's bad luck! I've never heard this elsewhere, so who knows if it's actually a thing or not. I just thought that was a little bit crazy!

    Keep writing! I enjoy reading your posts. I am subscribed!

    Best

    ReplyDelete